Groomers at TrimPet:
Why become part of TrimPet?
If becoming a part of TrimPet is something that interests you, get in touch to find out more!
Take a look, and if you like what you see, subscribe to our blog for more!
Pet Groomer Tips:
Become a Pet Groomer – Statistics
First up, what is the pet population?
Let’s talk spending…
The UK as a whole, spends nearly 10 Billion a year on their dogs.
Popular Pets in the United Kingdom
The Pet Care Market
Why Is Pet Grooming A Good Career? The Benefits
The Pet Grooming Pros:
1. The love of animals
5. Room to learn and improve
6. Grooming Courses
7. It doesn’t get boring!
Coronavirus – The impact of the Pandemic
Mobile Pet Grooming Professional Equipment
- Shampoo: A range of shampoos (and conditioners if needed) to deal with different coat types, and skin conditions.
- Clippers: An essential for any groomer for a uniform, effective and time efficient cut. Clipper Blades are also necessary to suit the haircut of each and every pet.
- Clipper Oil: Ensure your clipper blades stay working well.
- Comb attachment: These attach to your blade and come in various sizes depending on their purpose.
- Nail Clippers: To clip nails and avoid infection.
- Slicker brushes: To de-matt and brush hair.
- De-shedding tools: Help to remove the undercoat in shorter coats/hair lengths.
- Combs: To de-tangle and brush hair when styling or being detangled.
- Finishing dryer: To Dry the dog after washing so they are ready to groom.
- Blaster: Removes excess water after the wash – used before the finishing dryer.
- Scissors: You will most likely need a range of these, differing in size and style to help cover the various hair types, haircut, hair shape and hair style.
- Bath: These come in various shapes and sizes and will depend on the type of pets you are grooming.
- Grooming Table: Hydraulic and adjustable tables are helpful not only to the dog, but to your back!
- Steriliser: To keep your equipment squeaky clean.
- Bath Equipment: From mitts and sponges to jugs and combs.
- Ear and Private region cleaner/powder: To keep hygiene areas and ears disinfected and clean.
- Colognes and Perfumes: To give your client a fantastic smell that the owner will associate with a pleasant experience that is your business.
- Bows and Ribbons: An optional touch, but perfect to leave a finishing and personalised aspect on the owner’s furry friend.
Mobile Pet Groomer Benefits
The Pros of Mobile Grooming
1. Independence and flexibility
3. Your space is your space
4. Word of mouth
Pet Grooming Courses and Qualifications
The different qualification levels and what they include:
● Level 1 Certificate/Diploma :
● Level 2 Certificate/Diploma:
● Level 3 Certificate/Diploma :
- One Day Tasters
£50 – £200
- Level 1 Certificate/Diploma
£500 – £1000
- Level 2 Certificate/Diploma
- Level 3 Certificate/Diploma
● Experienced trainers :
● Live Dog Models:
● Small Class Sizes:
● The atmosphere:
Pet Grooming Price Guide
- Extra Small Dogs E.G. Chihuahuas and Pomeranians
- Small Dogs E.G. Shih Tzu, Miniature poodles, and Yorkshire Terriers
- Medium Dogs E.G. Cockerpoo’s and Cocker Spaniels
- Large Dogs E.G. Labradors and German Shepherds
- Extra Large Dogs E.G. Great Dane